Friday, July 15, 2022

Oh, My Strawberry Quilt!

 I finished my Sweet Summer Strawberries Quilt! 

The strawberries are all made from pink or red scraps from my stash. The green fabrics for the leaves, the border and the binding are also from my stash. The red dotted fabric for the backing is also from stash. The only fabric that was purchased was the strawberry fabric for the pieced back and some additional Kona White. It makes me so happy when I can use my stash with positive results!

The pattern is Strawberry Social by The Pattern Basket. It is machine pieced and mostly FMQ in various patterns: small loops with red or pink threads inside the the strawberries. Larger loops were FMQ with white thread outside the strawberries and even larger loops in the outer border. Curls were FMQ in the first white border and straight-line quilted around the strawberries and elongated zigzags in the sashing between the strawberries. With green thread, I FMQ leaves in the strawberry leaves and straight-line quilted around the stems. I also FMQ a string of leaves in the green border.  
This quilt finished at 53" x 66 1/4"
The photo with one of my strawberry plants!

And a bowl of fresh strawberries! Yum!

I'm linking to Finished or Not Friday @Alycia Quilts, Linky Party @Patchwork and Quilting, Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting and Learning, Brag about Your Beauty @From Bolt to Beauty, TGIFF @chrisknits, Friday Foto Fun @Powered By Quilting, Off the Wall Friday @Creations, Quilts, Art...Whatever.

12 comments:

  1. That's such a sweet quilt! Even better that it's mostly from your stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stash strawberry quilt! And that backing and label--frosting on the cake/quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of red fabrics to create this great summer quilt from your stash!. It turned out great: the green is a nice contrast around the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Now I am craving strawberries. LOL Thanks for linking up to TGIFF

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable and sweet summer quilt and your label is a lovely touch! happy summer quilting time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful summery quilt, Dawn! It looks absolutely at home outside where fresh strawberries are grown. Having found so many perfect strawberry fabrics in your stash is a great bonus. Your quilt is so “fresh” looking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable!!! and totally perfect for summer!!! All the fabrics you used are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely summer strawberry quilt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn! What a great finish. It is especially perfect for the season as strawberries are so deliciously yummy right now. I love everything about this quilt. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your scrap- and stash-sewn finish -- it's so sweet! Perhaps the most inspiring part is the free-motion quilting. I'm a FMQ novice, and your quilting design here is very interesting. It's something for me to shoot for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dawn, what a lovely quilt. Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments