Friday, November 18, 2022

Another Rainbow Scrap Finish

I have another RSC finish for 2022! All year long I worked on 3 different blocks for the challenge. This year's challenge is just about over and we are supposed to be working on finishing them up. On my last post, I showed my 1st finish,      Kaleidoscope. Today I'm posting about my Squiggles quilt finish!  

Squiggles was made from the bonus HSTs from the Kaleidoscope quilt plus a few additional  2 1/2" squares. It is my second of 3 RSC quilts made during 2022. This is a baby size quilt. All the fabrics were from my scraps and the backing is from my stash. I bought the white with black polka dots for the border because it coordinated with the backing and the black with white polka dots for the binding. 

Squiggles is a fun block to sew together but it was nice to have the HSTs already made. I am so glad I decided to use them in this quilt right away rather than in my orphaned blocks basket.
I quilted stitch in the ditch around each Squiggle , then a simple pattern each squiggle. In the background squiggles, I quilted the same pattern with variegated thread. I quilted a simple straight lines in the borders.
  
This little quilt finished size is approx. 30" x 38". 
I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday @ SoScrappy,  Off the Wall Fridays @ Creations-Quilts, Art, Whatever,  Finished or Not Fridays @ Alycia Quilts, Linky Party @Patchwork Quilts, Friday Foto Fun @ Powered By Quilting, Can I Get A Whoop, Whoop @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict

14 comments:

  1. What a great design!! I can imagine it's ribbon twisting in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dawn, here’s your so delightful little squiggles quilt all done!!! I just love this sweet design. And it’s perfect for a baby quilt. Also as Chrisknits said, it can be twisting ribbons too. Except squiggles sounds so much more fun. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little quilt! Good job using those extra HST's right away, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun use of leftover hsts. What a brilliant way to use your scraps. Someone is going to love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super use of leftover HSTs. Squiggles is adorable! What a great idea even if you have to make the HSTs from scratch. Is it your pattern? Also, the quilting is the perfect touch. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squiggles is so pretty, Dawn! Fun design and quilting - so neat that it was made from the leftovers of another quilt. I love the backing, too - it's really perfect for this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, super scrappy RSC finish, Dawn!! Even better that this one used leftovers from the first one. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn! Oh, I love how Squiggles turned out. It's almost like a free quilt, right? Leftover scraps put to good use makes my heart sing, as I'm certain yours does too. Fabulous! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so cute! Congratulations on a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quilt, what a pretty pattern! Great use of HST, and I love your quilting. Wonderful finish!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The squiggle pattern is so visually appealing! And rainbow scraps makes it just perfect. Love the use of HSTs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Squiggles is awesome!!! and your quilting is just perfect for it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments