Sunday, November 6, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Finish!

 Yesterday I put the last stitches in the binding of my RSC quilt, Hang Ten! This is the first of 3 RSC quilts that I have been working on in 2022. 

This quilt is made with the block Hang Time my Melissa Corry @Happy Quilting. Way back in January, I mistakenly called it Hang Ten. Since I have been calling it Hang Ten every month since, I'm sticking with it! EDIT: After looking at the pictures more, I've decided to change the name to Kaleidoscope. Doesn't the quilting and the rainbow colors just remind you of looking thru a kaleidoscope?
This quilt is all machine pieced and machine quilted. The Rainbow Scrap Challenge colors are announced each month by Angela @SoScrappy through October. November and December are to add to and/or finish up your quilt in time for the new year! I added a peach and gray block to round out the number of blocks to 12. 
All the fabrics are from my scrap bins or my stash except the rose print used in the border and to extend the backing. I love that I found this backing in my stash (inherited from my mom's sewing room) that is a perfect fit for the colorful top!

I machine quilted in a swirl about 3/4" apart in each block 
overlapping the quilting into the adjacent block. 
I love the texture that was created. I straight-line 
quilted every 3/4" in the borders. 
This quilt finished at 53" x 68"
I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday @SoScrappy,  Off the Wall Fridays @Creations-Quilts, Art, Whatever, Linky Party @Patchwork & Quilts and Friday Foto Fun @Powered by Quilting
Linking to Favorite Finish @Meadow Mist Designs

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on a very fun and colorful quilt. The quilting really works with the design. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang Ten Time looks fantastic, Dawn! I love the fragments of color throughout. It makes me think of a kaleidoscope design. The rose print gives it a pretty and fun framing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful finish and the quilting is awesome! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a wonderful quilt! The colors are soft and your quilting adds a lot of texture. Kaleidoscope sounds like a perfect name!
    Thank you for sharing your lovely finish, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so nice, and the quilting is so attractive. I love your colors; the two you added in are just perfect! And I like the name you gave it, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt - love the interlocking spirals in the quilting. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so cute. Congrats on your finish. The quilting is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful design! I love the quilting, too - so perfect for those blocks. Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilt, and your quilting is very effective indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt and I love how you quilted it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome RSC quilt finish, Dawn!! LOVE that texture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous RSC finish! I absolutely LOVE the quilting you did on it. So textural. Just adds to the beauty of all the colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments