Wednesday, October 26, 2022

It's been quiet on the blog but not behind the scenes

 Although I haven't posted on my blog since the end of September, I have been busy crafting and quilting. I find that if I spend time writing a blog post for every finish, I can't get to all the things I need/want to get done. Lately, I've been posting on Instagram and Facebook more frequently, then coming for a bigger blog post (WARNING). It definitely is a game of prioritizing the time I have. 

Since the last post of the baby quilt I finished, we have done many things relating to the season. My hubby and I also tested positive for COVID and needed to isolate for 1-2 weeks. Mostly fatigue which didn't help with the time to get things accomplished. We needed to cancel our annual trip to Door County, WI due to COVID but we did take a quick trip to check on our camper and stopped at a pumpkin farm and an apple farm and took in the beautiful fall colors. 


I made this Color Scavenger Hunt board and my grandson and I enjoyed a couple of walks looking for colors in nature! We also made a skeleton for Halloween!

I finally made time to make fabric postcards for Halloween
 for my grandchildren! I followed the tutorial
 by @annies_musings which was so fun and easy to follow!
 I have been an admirer of Annie's postcards for many years
 and I finally made these! 


I wrote special notes on the back so no pictures. 
(I'll have to take pictures before I write on them next time!) 
(Flowers from my daughter's cutting garden)
Didn't they turn out so cute?
I've also been crafting these rustic sunflowers for my daughters and a few knitted pumpkins to add to the collection.


In case you think I haven't been quilting...
I finished up the Stash Buster Quilt. It is large at 81" x 98". The layout I choose was on point which required 50 blocks but the challenge was for 52 blocks, so I framed the extra 2 blocks. I will be donating the flimsy and blocks to charity. 
This was a fun challenge and a fun block to make!
I'm currently working on finishing up my RSC blocks for 2022. Angela @Soscrappy allows November and December to finish your quilts and get ready for another year!
Here is my Hang Ten blocks finished and waiting to be sandwiched and quilted!
So, I may have been quiet over on the blog, you can see that I have been keeping busy! Hope you have had a chance to enjoy the beautiful fall colors this year!
I'm linking to Finished or Not Fridays @AlyciaQuilts, Off the Wall Friday @Creations - Quilts, Arts, Whatever, Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop @Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Friday Foto Fun @Powered by Quilting, Scrap Happy Saturday @SoScrappy 

6 comments:

  1. Love your stash buster challenge flimsy -- nicely arranged. I really like the blocks on point. The color in nature challenge is such a cute idea for your grandson. What fun! I also LOVE the striped gourd. I haven't seen those around here (Ohio). Glad you had a chance to post. You've definitely been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Both quilts are beautiful. What colour are the setting triangles on your Stashbuster?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do hope you are feeling much better now. I'm sure the grandchildren were thrilled with their very own spooky Halloween post cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SEW many wonderful projects, Dawn!! LOVE the Color Scavenger Hunt with your grandson and all your festive Halloween things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some delightful quilts - great job! They're so cheerful. And what a clever scavenger hunt idea with the grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy!! and glad that covid didn't really get you down - the pumkpins are so pretty!!!! Thanks for linking to Finished(or not) Friday so I can have a glimpse into your world!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments