Thursday, March 16, 2023

Snowy Forest is Finished!

 Yay! I finished my Snowy Forest quilt! I made this quilt in conjunction with the #improvtrianglesewalong with Nicholas Ball @quiltsfromtheattic. He hosted this QAL on Instagram in February. This is the 2nd year that I participated. His book Inspiring Improv is a great resource for improv quilting! 

Once all most of the triangles were sewn, I started to make 'slabs.'
And puzzle them together adding additional triangles or pieces as needed.
All the fabric, mostly scraps, were from my stash. The Kona white is a staple in my stash, and the white/gray marble is from a cut-off from a previous quilt's backing.
It was ready for quilting! I quilted the 'forest' with intersecting diagonal lines about 1/2" apart. 
I found some evergreen trees in a local park for a photoshoot.
The backing is 2 larger pieces of green from my stash.
The quilt finishes at 33.5" x 45"

I'm linking to Midweek Makers @QuiltFabrication, NTT @My Quilt Infatuation,
Off the Wall Friday@Creations-Quilts, Arts, Whatever, Finished or Not Friday@Alycia Quilts

3 comments:

  1. I just love this. I made one as a qal a couple years ago and it is still one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE your Snowy Forest quilt finish, Dawn!! Nick's QAL always seems to fall at a time when I am too busy with other things. One of these days, I will make my own Improv Triangle quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love it!! what a cute way to make trees!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments