Saturday, March 18, 2023

SAHRR and some green button blocks

 My 2023 SAHRR quilt is finished! I started with an orphaned Halloween block I made in 2012 as part of the Wicked Blog Hop. I also won a fat quarter of Halloween fabrics that were just sitting on my shelf. It was time to use them. 

My quilt grew as the rounds were announced each week. 
Week 1: spools
Week 2: stars
Week 3:hourglass
Week 4: flying geese
Week 5: square in a square
Week 6: pinwheels
After Week 5, I decided to add Week 6 to the top and bottom to make a rectangular quilt instead of a square. I also decided to add 2 more rows to make it a bit longer. I drew up a paper piece pattern for a simple witches hat and some candy corn. I added one row to the top and one to the bottom.
I finally finished the quilting! I added custom quilting in the rounds like spider webs and 'ghost' quilting of the pinwheels, stars, etc.
Easier to see on the back.
Now it was photoshoot time! I went to a local park that has a cute Kids Only house. 
I'm calling it Halloween Night!

The finished size is 42" x 53.5"


I pieced the backing from most of the leftover pieces from the fat quarters. It will be fun to have a Halloween quilt ready in the Fall. 
Thanks Gail for hosting this SAHRR with all your host friends! 
I'm linking to the SAHRR Parade linky party @QuiltingGail

I also finished 2 green buttons for the RSC.

Three finished and one to go!
I'm linking Scrap Happy Saturday @So Scrappy!

With my last 2 finishes, I started a new project! News about it coming soon!

11 comments:

  1. What a great finish for an orphan block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your SAHRR finish is so fun, Dawn! I love the witches' hats and the candy corn. You found the perfect place to photograph it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Halloween quilt is decidedly spooky, love the haunted house in the centre. We don't really celebrate Halloween here in New Zealand so I dont have any scary fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps my favorite SAHRR so far!!! I love it and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your SAHRR quilt finish!! While I'm not a fan of candy corn, I absolutely LOVE that row you added onto your quilt. What a fun quilt to display this Fall, Dawn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Halloween SAHRR! What a fun quilt and the photo with Kids Only House is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun Halloween SAHRR quilt!!!
    Cool buttons block. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your SAHRR is very creative! Love your additional rows, hats and candy corn!!! So fun! Thank you for linking to the SAHRR '23 Parade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome!!!! It turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn, today 4 of the SAHRR met via zoom to choose, by random number generator, the winners of the prizes. You have won a pattern of your choice! Please contact me via email by Monday, March 27 and I'll put you in contact with Denise. quiltinggail@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments