Saturday, February 17, 2024

Best Buds and RSC

 I joined in on the Best Buds QAL which is hosted by Lindsey @PenandPaperPatterns. I have made several of her patterns (and purchased several more). I am drawn to her designs!  Her patterns are well written and easy to follow. I am using fabric in my stash. To figure out if I liked the combination, I made 2 blocks - 1 in each color combination. 

I liked the outcome and it will feel so good to use these old fabrics in my stash!
In between sewing these cute flowers, I was working on the 2nd Metamorphosis quilt for my friend's niece. I am holding off showing these pictures until I deliver it. Maybe next week if I can get in a photo shoot. 
Today, I got back into sewing along with the Best Buds QAL.  It is week 3 and by Friday I should have 14 flowers stitched. This is what my design wall looks like now - 10 flowers finished!

These blocks are 14.5" (unfinished) and 5 blocks just about span the entire width of my design wall. 
I'm linking to Finished or Not Friday @AlyciaQuilts, Linky Party @Patchwork and Quilts,  and Wednesday Wait Loss @theinquiringquilter
Last week I also worked on my RSC block for February. The color is red this month.

I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday over @SoScrappy.

For Valentine's Day, I made 2 fabric postcards for my grandchildren. I follow the tutorial by Annie @FreezeFrame03 

and I played with paints, masking, stencils and collage making several Valentine's for some special people in my life! 

Hope you all have had some productive weeks in February!

7 comments:

  1. I like that fussy block with the little red squares forming a circle - I saw a large quilt made up of those blocks a couple years ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE your RSC block in RED and your sweet painted Valentine collages, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers, great color combo! Pretty red RSC circle, I love this block, and it's in my wishlist ;)
    Thank you for sharing all your pretty projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been really busy and productive. I rather like the flower blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Valentine postcards. The Best Buds blocks look great. What a cheerful project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that Best Buds!!! I love how you are alternating the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all hearts and flowers on your blog today! Everything's so pretty, especially those sweet Valentines. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/02/14/wednesday-wait-loss-367

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments