Saturday, March 30, 2024

It's been awhile but I have a few updates!

 In the nick of time, I am posting my RSC block! March's color is purple and here is my purple Circle of Friends block!

Here are the first 3 months blocks

Ready for April! Where does the time go? April's color is yellow!
I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday @SoScrappy.

I also finished my Best Buds quilt. I joined the QAL with Lindsey @PenandPaperPatterns and over 6 weeks, we were to have the top finished. I accomplished that goal! 
It was up to us to finish the quilt on our own. I needed to decide how I wanted to quilt it. I debated with myself if I should do straight lines, checkerboard or an overall pattern. I finally decided on quilting baptist fans across the quilt. The quilting took a long time on my domestic machine but I'm pleased at the finish!


The fabrics I used were all from my stash (probably inherited from my mom's stash) except for the Kona white. I used up all of the pink and most of the blue fabric! Such a good feeling!
The pattern is Best Buds by @PenandPaperPatterns. If you have never made one of Lindsey's patterns, you should. Her patterns are cute and very well written. I have a hard time resisting them. 
This quilt is fairly large, finishing at 71" x 85" 
Here are a couple of close-up pictures of the quilting! I used my EZ Circle Cut template to mark my stitching lines and quilted in a pink thread. 
On my design wall:
I also have been working on a small 3D quilt just for fun! Here is the finished top!
I saw this print image somewhere (sorry I don't remember but if anyone does I will give credit back to them) and decided to draw it up and see if I could recreate the 3D effect in a quilt. Now to quilt it!
I'm linking to Finished or Not Friday @Alycia Quilts, Wait Loss Wednesday @The Inquiring Quilter, and Off the Wall Fridays @Creations

5 comments:

  1. The Circle of Friends blocks are lovely, I really like them. The Baptist Fan quilting looks wonderful, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty purple circle, I love so much this pattern! Well done with the quilting of Best Buds quilt, the Baptist Fan looks great. Your 3D quilt is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Circle of Friends blocks are quite ingenious! Best Buds is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Circle of Friends block is a perfect choice for the RSC. So much open space providing endless possibilities for quilting to play a supportive role.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best Buds is adorable! Great job with the quilting. Your Circle of Friends quilt will be pretty when it's finished. Love the bright colors. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/27/wednesday-wait-loss-373

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments