Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekly Progress

Life is busy and I don't always find time to post on my blog. Instead I spend my free time actually quilting, knitting or creating in some manner. That is my outlet for busyness/stress. 
With that said, I am going to try to, at least, post a Weekly Progress update. 

This week I worked hard on finishing the top for a baby quilt I have been working on. The pattern is Building Fun by Geta's Grama
 It reminds me of these wooden blocks we had for building so I wanted to use similar colors. 
Remember these?
Here is my interpretation using Kona colors:

I did eliminate the borders around each block and made the borders 2 1/2" instead of 3 1/2".
I have a few quilts to work on before this one gets quilted Ü

I also worked on my February Art Journal for the 365 day challenge. 
I am having so much fun creating these calendars with mixed media. Since I am a quilter, for the most part, I am using fabric (from my stash Ü). The hearts in the balloon bouquet and the 2 hanging hearts are scrapbook stickers and the lace bow is from my stash left over from my doll making days. I am stamping the days of the week and the numbers. For writing on each day I have been using micron pens. 
If you want to be inspired, go here to see more.

And finally I sandwiched my Craftsy BOM quilt. Yay! Pictures soon!
What have you been working on?

3 comments:

  1. The buildings pattern is very clever. The colours in your quilt are perfect. Another very pretty journal calendar. I have just started scheduling ahead with my blog posts so I can add a bit of news when I get a chance over several days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, your building blocks quilt top is delightful. I do remember those blocks. And your February calendar journal looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Building Blocks quilt! It would make a darling gift for any new baby boy. Very clever...Going to go Pin it. =)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments