Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I'm back...

graphic by Madame Samm
Welcome 2013! 
I hope this year will be blessed with peace and love around the world. Have you made any New Year resolutions? One of mine is to go to the gym...got a gym membership for Christmas! Another is to work out of my stash as much as possible...limit fabric purchases. That is always a challenge.


It has been a struggle to find time to post about what's been happening around here for several reasons. Besides it being the holidays, I was having trouble with uploading photos and also needed to update my blog interface as it couldn't be read on mobile devices. Took me a while to figure things out but I think I works now. 

I did do some sewing for gifts. I saw this cute bag on Pinterest. It is called It's a Cinch Bag by Katy @ Sweet Verbena. I made it for my mom.
The main fabric is linen and the lining and handles are a heavy weight cotton, all from my stash! It has a zipper closure and a zippered pocket in the lining.  
It is quite large! Plenty of room for lots of stuff.

I also made 3 new Christmas ornaments. It is my family tradition to make and exchange an ornament each year. 
I saw so many cute ones I couldn't just make one. 
Gingham stars and Homespun Candy Canes were found on Pinterest. 

I found Scrappy Stocking on Threadbias.
Jenny @ Stumbles & Stitches

I also have been trying to keep catch up on the Easy Street Mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter
I never was able to catch up enough to actually link up but I was poking along. I only made half a 'recipe' since I didn't want the finished size so big. I will have to make a few more of each block once I consider the layout. Here are my complete steps.
4 patch
flying geese block
shaded 4 patch and green triangles
 more flying geese and green squares
 house block
double bar and large squares (waiting to be cut into quarter triangles)
Tomorrow I will start putting together the blocks and layout. 

I also have another baby quilt started and I'm waiting to find space/time to sandwich my completed Craftsy BOM flimsy. That's for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, lady! You got a lot done! Your Easy Street project is going to be beautiful! I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments