Tuesday, January 8, 2013

BOM updates and Easy Street

Well, it seems that I have forgotten to show you my September block for the BOM with Quilt Story. The theme for September was paper piece and I decided to make the Circle of Geese block by Forest Quilting.

I also finished the December block - Star and the January block - Squares and Rectangles. 


Only one month left to go...February's theme is 4 patch and March is the reveal. Looking forward to putting this one together! You can hop over to Quilt Story to see Heather and Megan's blocks and here for the monthly link up. 

Easy Street is coming along but boy are there a lot of pieces. I just made half of the blocks because I didn't want my quilt so big. Without knowing the mystery layout, I figured I may need to add blocks in the end. Sure enough now that we know the layout, I am cutting a few more from each step to complete the layout. Instead of 4 x 4 blocks on point, mine will be 3 x 3. 
Here is what I have so far.

3 more blocks to go and then I need to do the borders. I don't think I have enough of any of the fabrics for the borders seeing that I used fabrics from my stash and scraps (except for the black on white and the gray) so I will probably need to buy something. (To see all my pieces for each step, go here.) This is my first Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt and I am excited to see it all put together! I'm linking up here.

2 comments:

Sweet sentiments