Sunday, February 28, 2010

Look What I Finished!

First of all let me give you an update on my progress on the Mariner's Compass.  It has been slower than I anticipated because 1) work has been very busy and 2) watching the Olympics has had me doing more hand work than time spent in my sewing room.  I did manage to finish the 1st compass in the green colorwave and the pieces are cut for the 2nd compass!



Secondly, as I mentioned, I have done a bit of hand work while watching the Olympics.  I also mentioned in a previous post about Stina in Sweden and her heart stitcheries.  Although I never included stitchery in my quilts before (and I haven't done stitchery in years) I decided to challenge myself to these lovely hearts.  Here are some pictures of the results!  I quite like it!  The cute fabric around the hearts and the border fabrics are from my stash.  Isn't it delightful and cheery?  






Finally, I would like to give a heads up about a giveaway over at alittlebitbiased.  Amber has a new quilt pattern business called gigi's thimble and I really like these patterns.  Go on over and take a look. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself!
And a final note about a new fabric line at lilatuellerdesigns and her giveaway.  Check out the pretty spring colors on her quilt giveaway!


That's all for now!  More hand stitching while watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics tonight!

2 comments:

  1. OHHHH... I love them... :o))) Now I can go to bed with a big smile... ;o)
    Pretty.. love the fabrics you have used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the hearts!!!

    wow those compasses are tedious. i can't believe you have the patience to keep on working on them. keep it up, dad will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments