Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections of 2010!

I can hardly believe that last year at this time
I was not a blogger!
I didn't have any idea that a wonderful community of quilters and other creative and talented crafters existed out in cyber land.
Then in early January, we watched the movie Julie & Julia. 
Her idea of blogging her progress as she cooked through Julia Child's cookbook prompted me to start my blog to document my progress on the Mariner's Compass quilt that I started for my husband. 
I quickly discovered the vast pool of talent from all over the world.  The first blog that I came upon was Kviltstina over in Sweden.  I was amazed at Stina's talent and how she incorporated stitchery into her quilts.  I joined her Valentine 2010 block giveaway and started stitching!  
I hopped through several of the blogs on Stina's blog list discovering so many more talented quilters.  
I started following and reading blogs and I was inspired! 

In March, I joined my first Friday Night Sew-In over at Handmade by Heidi and Crafty Vegas Mom.  Heidi and Bobbi co-sponsor this monthly sew-in and I have joined them every month.  I finished many projects by dedicating this night to sewing.  

I kept reading and discovering new blogs. 
  I followed a quilt along over at As Sweet As Cinnamon and another at Charming Chatter.  I joined a swap over at quilting gallery.  I joined the Charming Girl's Quilt Club and sew much more!

So here is a college of most of the quilts I made over this first year of blogging.  


There are so many other projects that I have finished over this year including totes, mini bags, wristlets, pincushions, needlecases, and toys.  I have knit baby blankets, an assortment of headbands, chemo caps, and coffee cozies.  I even tried some crochet.  
Many of the projects were found through the blogging community.

So a BIG THANKS to the blogging quilt community. I have been awed and inspired.
There are sew many more, I couldn't mention everyone by name.  Hope you understand.

Here's to a prosperous New Year!

  

3 comments:

  1. Happy New year. I have to agree, there is a wealth of wonderful quilters in blogland. Hope your 2011 inspires you to create even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what an amazing year you had! So many beautiful projects! So glad I got to meet you in blogland and so looking forward to the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Dawn! It truly has been an amazing year! Heres to an even better 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments