Thursday, March 17, 2011

The last 2 blocks...

for Block-A-Palooza were released this week (Monday & today)! I have been really good at keeping up and here are the last 2:



Next week we will be putting it all together!  I think I may remake a block or 2 as I'm not completely happy with a few.  I didn't take a picture of all 16 blocks together yet. I'll have to do that soon as it always helps in seeing how they look together.  

I also finished my March block for the Birdie Stitches BOM.  


Isn't it cute?

Back in the early part of February, Cara over at Cara Quilts sponsored The Basics Charity Challenge.  You can read about it here.  There were several prizes for incentive but the challenge was an easy and not expensive act to do.  Although my DH and I volunteer at our local homeless center, I accepted the challenge and went out to buy some twin size fitted sheets and dropped them off at the center.  
Just last week, Cara notified me that I had won one of the incentive prizes, Bari J's new book Inspired to Sew! I love it...it has beautiful illustrations and I can't wait to try a project.  I especially like Bari's Chicago connection...my hometown! 


I have been thinking of ways to repurpose things and here is one that I recently made.  


Instead of dog-eared corners in my books to mark my place, I now have these easy to make corners.  They remind me of photo corners and neatly fit over the corner of the page.  And they are much prettier! 
What do you think?

Do you remember my extreme wedding dress makeover?  Well, I promised to make the bride her wedding veil.  She wanted a simple, single layer veil.  I used some lace from the original dress to cover the comb.  


I leave you with another challenge.  Rachel over at p.s. i quilt has joined Moda in their Just One Star challenge.  They need 1800 star blocks by May 1st.  Rachel has challenge us in making just one star this week...in the mail by Monday! Quilters Unite! We can do it! They are so easy to make...I made 2!


{name blurred on purpose}

Have you made yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet sentiments