Saturday, September 10, 2011

Work seems to get in the way...

Once again it has been a long time since my last post.  Since school has started, my time has become sew limited.  I have been sewing some but nothing to show quite yet. Several WIP's but no finishes.

I also needed to take my beloved machine in for a cleaning and tune up.  I was aghast when they said that he (the repairman) was 12 days out in his workload.  What was I going to do? Yes, I do have another machine but nothing like my Elna! I love it sew!! My second machine is a Husqvarna...not a shabby machine but in comparison...oh how I miss my Elna!  And yes I have a third machine and a serger but...

A couple of things of note...I have joined the Ghastlies Blog Hop! Watch for some great project from this wonderfully disturbing line of fabric by Alexander Henry.  Madame Samm over at Sew I Quilt is our host. Here is my Ghastlies signature.


Secondly, this month's Friday Night Sew-In is September 16th. Won't you join us?  Hope over to Heidi's blog and sign up. It's a great excuse to stay in a sew. 

Finally, I signed up for a swap on Flickr called Little Quilt. This is round 2 and I'm joining (if they want me.) I'm new to this so hopefully will figure out all the technical things...which is not one of my fortes. 

I leave you with some pictures of wedding sewing/crafts that I have not shared. What's a post without pictures?



I spent many hours [they were kinda addicting] making these fabric flowers for the headbands/barrettes/veil for the bridesmaids, flower girls and the bride. As well as the flowers on the flower girl dresses [which I also made.] 

I also hand stitched this pearl and lace cuff for my daughter.

in progress


Last weekend, we were camping in WI for the long weekend...an annual event with friends! This weekend is a 'bees and honey' weekend. We (not I, but my DH and friends) will rob the hives today and Sunday is the day we harvest this year's honey. YUM! 

Well, I'm hoping for some quilty finishes soon! In the meantime...

1 comment:

  1. That cuff is simply beautiful. Very elegant. And yes, work DOES get in the way. I think I just finished emailing someone complaining about the very same thing! Hope your machine is back in proper working order quickly! And thanks for the reminder about Friday Night Sew-in--I have always wanted to join and somehow miss out on it 100 percent of the time!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments