Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Welcome to all that have come to visit my blog from Amy's Quilt Festival.  I love visitors so I hope you will stay awhile and take a look around. I just recently featured this quilt I finished so if you have seen this before I apologize.  This quilt is the second in a personal challenge I have to make a quilt out of my 'less preferred' fabric in my stash. Since I am pretty much running out of room for my newer, much preferred stash, I challenged myself to use my 'less preferred' stash in every other quilt. 


The bright cheater crazy quilt fabric was my challenge.


I actually really love the way this quilt turned out! It is so nice to be surprised to love a quilt I wasn't expecting to love. This pattern used a Stack and Whack technique that Allison at Cluck, Cluck, Sew shared when she was a guest speaker at Sew We Quilt. It was quick and easy and used up all of the 'less preferred' featured fabric from my stash.



I was also able to use up another piece from my stash for the backing. WOOHOO! Two pieces gone from my less preferred stash.





Hope you enjoyed it! Now make sure you visit other blogs at the fest




8 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use your less prefered fabrics. Your quilt is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great use for wonderfabrics, turn out great
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your idea of challenging yourself to use some of your less desirable fabric in your stash every other quilt. thanks for sharing!! =)

    great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! And I love your idea of making every other quilt from your "less preferred" stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deseve a big pat on the back for creating a great quilt from less preferred stash, it turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is very pretty. :) great job!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments