Last post I told you about my word of the year...challenge. I also mentioned the reading challenge that I signed up for since it sounded like fun. Here is a bit more about it.
Between January 1 and December 31, 2012, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title: Black Hills, Purgatory Ridge, Emily of Deep Valley
- A book with something you'd see in the sky in the title: Moon Called, Seeing Stars, Cloud Atlas
- A book with a creepy crawly in the title: Little Bee, Spider Bones, The Witches of Worm
- A book with a type of house in the title: The Glass Castle, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Ape House
- A book with something you'd carry in your pocket, purse, or backpack in the title: Sarah's Key, The Scarlet Letter, Devlin Diary
- A book with a something you'd find on a calendar in the title: Day of the Jackal, Elegy for April, Freaky Friday, Year of Magical Thinking
Now that is only 6 books which I'm sure will be easy enough. I'm hoping on finding some new authors to read by visiting with other readers on the challenge.
I'm still working on my 'less preferred' stash quilt and have finished 9 of the 20.
Almost halfway done!
I also finished this cute pin cushion, inspiration here.
I had a few scraps of plaid that I found going through my stash, sew I stitched up this guy. Sometimes I just find myself off on a tangent. Back to those 'less preferred' blocks.