Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday Night Sewing

Yep! Last night was the January FNSI! I was able to get a bit of sewing done :D
Did you? 
Last week I showed you this:


My cut squares for the Sew Scrap Along at Pleasant Home.

Since my husband was out of town this week I was able to sew them together into this:


Sew last night I began ironing the blocks and organizing them onto my design wall, trying not to over think the placement of the scrappy blocks. I arranged them into 10 blocks across and 12 blocks down. 
[The whole quilt will be 10 across by 18 down but I was running out of room.]


Then I marked them to keep them in order and began sewing the rows together. I got several done before I called it quits for the day night.

The bottom 5 rows are sewn together.

And this is what I have left to arrange.


60 scrappy blocks!

Now I'll be heading over to check out what other sewing was accomplished that night. Join me here.

15 comments:

  1. I love a great scrappy quilt! But it is so funny how 'organized' disorganization is you know! LOL I pin #s to my things as well because after I take the time to lay them out, I want them to look JUST LIKE THAT!! LOL Great job! I'll bet you get the rest dont this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scrappy look! I've considered joining the quilt-along, but the quilt I'm working on currently has a deadline - so it's my top priority for now. You got a lot done, and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love a scrappy quilt. You really got a lot done & I like the placement. I'll have to come back and see the finish. Something tells me, it won't be long.
    Thanks for the visit, I'll be seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy quilt! I love the bright colors. You accomplished quite a lot last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous. I've been following the Sew Scraps Along myself and have a mind to do the scrappy Dresdens at some point. I love the quilt in your header, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great amount of work you got done. I love the picnic quilt and think it is an awesome way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how your scrappy quilt is turning out,very colourful :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's a spectacular scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that pattern, and yours is looking great! :o) Great job for FNSI!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Dawn - I just love what you do with scraps of fabric - that is really pretty! Way to sew girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this quilt. How do you choose color order? I could use some help there.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments