Sunday, February 5, 2012

Another One!

I was hoping to get this done to count as a finish for January but it just wasn't meant to be. I have been busy at work and it took me a while longer to quilt than I expected. I am pleased to show you my finished Birdie Stitchery Quilt! 


The details are hard to see here. The quilting is stitch in the ditch around the squares, a simple zig zag in the sashing, a winter poem I wrote around the inner border, and a feather pattern on the outer border. 


The backing ~ the extra block is used as the label.


This block was originally planned as the June block but I decided it was too busy compared to the others so I used it as the signature block and designed my own June block. This was actually one of my favorites to stitch!


Fabrics: Sunkissed by Sweetwater and Moda Bella White
Backing: found at Joann's



All Stacked up!

Soon it will be time to head over to the Superbowl Party! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! Love all the wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love the signature block. Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are a perfect compliment to those adorable birdies. You are my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your finished quilt and the photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments