I have been busy since the last time I posted.
I have some very exciting news ... I have a finish!
The pattern is a variation on the traditional log cabin. With my graph paper and pencil in hand, I drew up the arrangement so the blocks created a star that was off center and a diamond shape framing the star.
The fabric is 9 by Sanae for Moda and Kona cotton in natural (I think.)
The back is also from 9 by Sanae. All one piece...and the quilting is concentric circles from the center of the star.
This is my first attempt at quilting concentric circles. Most people advise to start on something small...no, not me...I have to jump into a rather large quilt.
The quilt finishes at 72" x 84"
I love how the quilting shows on the back of the quilt. I have to say that I'm rather pleased with the way it turned out.
That's our new adopted dog, our Nellie.
And because we were at the bee yard, I tried to take a couple of pictures but the lighting was not the best.
I also spent another day sorting and organizing my mom's sewing room. Again, I took home a few things to work on for her and I finished a few more from the original pile.
Another set of kitchen towels, hemmed.
Another soft book.
My mom loves those panels!
This weekend, my DH and I harvested our potato crop! This was our best yet...over 20 lbs of red potatoes!
We city farmers! LOL!
Lots of potato salad in our future, I'd say!