Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Welcome 2017

Today I am setting a few goals for 2017. 
Many of the quilts I make are a challenge to me as a new technique or pattern. 
It is a rare bird for me to make a quilt over again. 
I can only think of 2 repeat quilts patterns since I started quilting in 1996.
At the end of 2016, I had a few UFOs that carry over to 2017. 
First is my mini blue houses. When I started these little guys, I didn't have a goal in mind...just letting the neighborhood grow at its own pace. At the end of 2016, the population stood at 38!
The houses are 4"
This is the last addition to the neighborhood in 2016. 
In 2017, I will continue to add to the neighborhood until I run out of blues. 
(Ha! That maybe never!)

The second UFO from 2016 is my Sail Away! quilt. This is all pieced and at the flimsy stage. 

My goal will be to sandwich and quilt this nautical quilt. 

Third in line is my Chicago Cubs quilt. I'm using the economy block for this quilt. 
So far I have 10 blocks made. 
My goal will be to start making the alternate block to compliment these blocks. 

My fourth project is this delectable mountain quilt. My goal for starting this quilt was to use some of the fabric that was donated to me and try a new technique. 
(The bright large print flowers that I paired with Kona black.)
When fabric is donated to me, I feel guilty not using it even if it isn't my colors/style. So I use it as an experiment to try a new technique and often donate the finished quilt. 
My goal will be to finish the blocks, decide on a border or not, and get it to the flimsy stage.

The 5th project that I am setting a goal for is to use this pretty scrap piece of flannel (donated) and learn to crochet a border around it 
for a sweet receiving blanket.

And finally I will once again join in the 2017 Rainbow Scrap Challenge over at So Scrappy. January's color is purple
I need to choose a block that I will do this year. 
I will also link my scrap quilt progress to Oh Scrap! over at 
Quilting is more fun than Housework.

This year I will also join and link up to One Monthly Goal over at 
Elm Street Quilts. 
For January, I have picked my fourth project ~ the delectable mountain quilt. 
Head on over to see other quilty goals!

5 comments:

  1. Yep, the blue houses are a favorite here too. All the quilts you have started are great. You can do this! We're rootin' for ya Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals. You have some interesting projects to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to make a quilt with the mountain block. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely goals, I really like the little blue houses, and the floral an black is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments