Saturday, February 24, 2018

Regatta and Temperature quilt Updates

I'm excited to tell that I finished putting together my Regatta quilt 
and I'm in LOVE!
I am smitten with the colors of this quilt and the simple modern pattern.
Here it is:
I'm following the no pressure quilt along over at Home Sewn By Us.
Even though I have my Grandma's Kitchen quilt ahead of this one on the docket to sandwich and quilt, I am tempted to push this one ahead because I love it so!
It makes me smile!

I also have caught up on my Temperature quilt and have 3 rows (out of 21) finished. I'm sewing along with Needled Mom
The year started very cold, then it warmed a bit and settled into more 'normal' temps. We had a few scattered unseasonably warmer days but winter isn't over yet. I'm sure we will see a few more blues but hopefully move into more yellows and oranges soon! 

I am starting to work on a t-shirt quilt for a high-school graduation present. I haven't made one before. 😬 I've collected quite a few t-shirts (from her mom) and have done a preliminary measurement of the areas to be included. I am now working on the layout which is a bit like putting together a puzzle. I read over at Home Sewn By Us that they are also working on a t-shirt quilt. I will be watching them to glean any tips or techniques that may help! 
Have you made a t-shirt quilt? Any advice is welcomed! 


3 comments:

  1. Love your quilt....and your temperature quilt as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually make one or two T-Quilts per year. Good luck with yours! Are you enjoying the process of your Temperature Quilt? You said you are "caught up" which says that you got a bit behind. That's why I haven't done one of those Block-a-Day projects... don't expect that I could keep up. Your Regatta is one of the best I've seen and I love it, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! Wowee - look at that Regatta! How nice it turned out! Oooh, how are you going to quilt it?!?! I am making the Regatta my March one-monthly-goal so I get it finished by the end. Can't wait to see your t-shirt quilt or at least the shirts themselves. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments