Sunday, March 18, 2018

A Finish, Progress, and Something New

Of coarse I must start with my finish as it is so exciting! I will warn you that this is a little picture heavy because I am in LOVE with it! 
I finished my Regatta Quilt!
 Yesterday my hubby and I headed over to our local Lake Park and did a photo shoot. 
What could be a better background for a Regatta quilt?
At first I thought I would piece my backing using all the cut offs from making this quilt until I found this fabric! It is the perfect colors!
Here you can see a bit of the front with the back! Thanks to the breeze!
Here is a detail shot of the straight line quilting. I did 3 straight lines across the quilt in each strip. I did not quilt in the ditch which gives it a nice simple pattern on the back. 
The binding is made using mostly the navy color with a little of 2 others darker colors in the quilt.

My sweet Nellie is enjoying the sunshine and the quilt!
Here it is in all its glory! 
The pattern is Regatta by Daniela at Block M Quilts and I followed the QAL at Home Sewn By Us. It finished at 57" x 74". This is my 3rd finish for 2018! 

My Temperature quilt now has 4 rows completed (with a few in the 5th row done). 
As your can see we had slightly warmer temperatures indicated by the greens and yellows! The Hope of Spring🌷🌷🌷!
What's new on my design wall? I've been playing with the alphabet! 
These letters are paper pieced and are 5" square done in reds from my stash. 
I've been playing with the layout. Not sure what it will look like but I will be doing lowercase letters next!

What's new on your design wall?
I'm linking up to Show off Saturday over at Sew Can She.

10 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out fabulous, Dawn! Great shots with the boats and water. I really love those colors. Oh, your temperature squares are awesome. I love those colors too. I like these temperature quilts best where the temperature doesn’t actually change all that much. It will be fun to watch how your temps change as you go along. Your alphabets too are very fun. Love the red fabrics for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Regatta quilt is just wonderful! Love it! and your temperature quilt is gorgeous. The colour is amazing. Mine would be all dark blues! I am so jealous of your letter blocks. They are awesome and I can't wait to see what you end up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn,
    It turned out so b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.!! I love how you quilted it - it looks so nice and squishy! AND the photo shoot - perfect. I can see why you love it - me, too! Your alphabet and temperature quilt looks like fun, but I have to say your finish is the star this week. I'm going to snag a photo for the last update in June or July. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne! It was a fun no pressure QAL! I will keep looking for new opportunities to sew along! I will also be watching for how your t-shirt quilt progresses. I will be back to mine...maybe next week? I need to decide on borders and backing fabrics!

      Delete
  4. Love your quilt. That quilting is perfect and so effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted to keep it simple since the design is simple yet striking!

      Delete
  5. What’s beautiful quilt!! You sure picked some awesome colors, everything is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have wanted to do a quilt using sea tones for a while and this seemed to be the perfect opportunity!

      Delete
  6. Your regatta quilt is beautiful. Big hugs to Nellie from the Pug Pack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes - great projects! I love your Regatta quilt and a very fitting photoshoot spot! Good looking temperature quilt too - I've collected fabrics and temperatures but haven't started mine YET!!! And your alphabet looks so good, I love all those reds. Visiting from FNSI :-)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments