Saturday, March 24, 2018

It is time to post my FNSI results and more...

Last night was the first FNSI that I participated in for a very long time! 
The timing was perfect as it was the start of Spring Break for me! 
I had the whole day free and I spent most of it in my sewing room! It has been a while since that happened!
I pieced some uppercase letters earlier this month and I still needed to piece the lowercase letters. I found Tonya Ricucci's Word Play Quilts book in the library to use as inspiration for making my lowercase letters. I picked it up Thursday after work and browsed through it. I wanted to make them 2.5" finished....half the size of the uppercase letters that I pieced. Tonya suggests 3" or larger letters so I drew out my own using graph paper. 
I did all of them yesterday! Throughout the day and night! For the v and the x, I  ended up paper piecing as the angles were 'getting to me'. 
Maybe I just needed a rest from piecing these small letters all day... 
Anyways, I was pleased with all of them except the k. Somehow, it ended up more narrow that the other letters. I'm sure it was my error in calculating the angles. I couldn't let it go and I thought about it when I should have been sleeping! ARGH! 
So this morning, I decided to draw up a paper pieced k pattern. My first attempt was great...but backwards! 
It must be from the lack of a full night of sleep 😉 
So I drew up another, this time remembering to reverse the pattern. 
It is so much better! Can you tell the difference? 
Hop over to FNSI at Sugarlane Designs and check out what others worked on last night.

I must be in a paper piecing mood as I also worked on my Little Houses this week. The last time I posted about my neighborhood the population was 56. It has now grown to 66 with these additions! 
I love this ongoing project! Not sure when it will end...maybe when I run out of blue scraps! That hasn't happened yet!
I'm linking to Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts, Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts, and Show Off Saturday @ Sew Can She and Friday Foto Fun @pwoeredbyquilting.
SaveSaveSaveSave

8 comments:

  1. Amazing productivity!! You were a quilter on a mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your letters are very cool. Paper piecing is my nemesis. Thanks for visiting my blog. You are a no-reply blogger.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn!
    I was thinking of you Friday night as I did end up sewing for a few hours. It looks like you got a lot accomplished on your first full day of spring break. Enjoy it! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice letters! They look great. I also really love your neighborhood. Keeping with the blue theme makes it really connect with each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been productive!! Fun letters and the houses are lovely. Glad you hear that you are enjoying PP :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a lot of work in your letters, well done on staying awake that long. Your letters are great. I love the blue houses, they look fab. Have a great Easter weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It as a busy day!! I love your blue houses, super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments