Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tuesday Update

I have continued working on the puzzle T-shirt quilt. After moving things around again to get a better fit for all the graphics, I again grabbed some graph paper and drew the final lay out. I made a list of the finished size for each block and the cut size. Since the blocks were not all the same size, I color coordinated which ones would be sewn together. This the what the process looked like.
There were a few small spaces that I needed to fill with cut pieces from the t-shirts (no graphics) and a few tricky seems that didn't line up easily but it all came together. It is about 47 1/2" x 58 1/4"
I'm will be adding a border...maybe 2" all around and backing the quilt with flannel. But for now, I will put it on the side for a bit as the hard work is done!

As for my Regatta quilt, it is quilted and the binding is sewn on! I only have to hand stitch it down, make a label and do a photo shoot. Here is a peek!
The Regatta quilt is made as part of a no pressure QAL at Home Sewn By Us.
I'm linking with To Do Tuesday at Stitch All Things, Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River, and Fiber Tuesday at The Quilting Room with Mel 

8 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when I saw your tee shirt design on the grid paper. My post was also about a tee shirt design plan done on grid paper. I'm still in the middle of my process... I wish I was as far a long as you are. I'm not sure how you got some of these shirts together. Maybe by hand??? It looks great though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go to your blog and see your process (graph paper)! All of my blocks are sewn together by machine. For the blocks that didn't easily line up I used partial seams. It is a bit of a puzzle!

      Delete
  2. Your t-shirt layout is amazing! So much planning and effort to get it all to work together right, and you executed it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn!
    Look how far you are on Regatta!!! I am planning an update before the end of the month - I will have to include your finished product. I'll check back on that. And your t-shirt quilt! Kudos to you - everyone is loving your paper idea for playing with the layout. I wonder what color border you are going to add? It sure is looking great. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne! I'm about half done with the border stitching on Regatta! Should be finished in the next day or two! As for the borders on the t-shirt quilt, I'm not quite sure yet.

      Delete
  4. I love graph paper--I also love EQ7, but I can't always make it do what I want--so bring on the graph paper, the ruler, and the pencil. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my planning is done on graph paper! I don't have EQ (I had an earlier version years ago but then we switched to Apple and they didn't have an Apple version at the time.) so it isn't an option for me right now Ü

      Delete

Sweet sentiments