Saturday, April 21, 2018

Time Is Flying!

I can't believe how fast the days are flying by! 
After Spring Break, school tends to get very busy as we head to the finish line. To add to the busy schedule, my daughter made an unexpected but much loved trip home for a long weekend. Her BFF since birth was turning 30 so she came in! Naturally, we spent as much time as possible with her and packed in the activities! We took a walking tour of some local street art with 2 of my daughters.
The following weekend was another packed with activities. The International Quilt Festival was in Chicago/Rosemont! It is very close to where I live. As always, it did not disappoint! Here are a few of my favorites!
I like the colors of this quilt.
I love the indigo color of these vases and the details in the stitching!
I like the Cherry blossom fabrics used as the background for the Chinese letters.

I have seen colored pencil quilts before but I loved the idea of a child's doodles in the negative space!

This quilt reminded me of my blue houses quilt! I love the story behind this calendar quilt.
I have been working on a few things in my sewing room, too! 
It is April and the color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is yellow! 
These blocks have been done for a bit however I haven't had time to blog about them. 

I'm linking up to SoScrappySaturday.

My knitting club knits for a local hospital and here is a blanket that I recently finished. 


I have also been playing with all the cut offs from the Regatta quilt and I finally settled on this layout.
It is still in flimsy form as several quilts are ahead of it for finishing! 
That brings me to Friday Night Sew In which snuck up on me! Stay tuned! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a wonderful week!! A surprise visit, an enjoyable quilt show, a completed knit blanket, and much more. LOVE that colored pencil quilt you shared from the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when the tiny house quilt block a day came out. So fun to see a finished version. Mine turned into a mini! Great yellow blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn,
    You have been busy, and the next few weeks just fly by towards the end of school. Fast but sometimes so slow, too. I love the use of your leftover Regatta strips! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments