Saturday, April 21, 2018

Friday Night Sew In

Last night was Friday Night Sew In!
It snuck up fast as April is flying by! 
I did join in the sewing fun! 
I have been working on quilting the T-shirt quilt! I am about 3/4 done! I am finding that my machine doesn't really like sewing over the screened prints on the t-shirts. I must go very slow over these areas. It is also a heavy quilt so I must take breaks from quilting as it is hard on my hands.
I'm quilting it with meandering swirls and I'm pretty pleased with the results even through the quilting difficulties. 

I also put together my Temperature quilt! 
I sew the rows together after 18 blocks are made.
It is now 6 rows complete! As you can see, our Spring has been much colder than expected.
And since the Chicago Cubs were playing a late game last night, I decided to switch gears and knit this baby hat while watching the game! 
(and what a great game!)

I adjusted this pattern from an adult size to a baby size. I really like the swirl through out and especially looking down from the top. The self striping yarn shows it off beautifully! 
This will be donated to the hospital to be given to a newborn baby!
I'm linking up to Show Off Saturday @Sew Can She.
Did you join the Friday Night Sew In? 

3 comments:

  1. I knew there was another temperature quilt out there that pushed me over the edge to make one of my own and it was yours!! It looks fabulous!! I am following your layout grid, too. =) I am working on a blog post to share my progress. Mine looks very much like yours. I am ready for some warmer colors to be added!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute baby hat and I love your temperature hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours for the baby hat and the temperature quilt, that is on my to do list. Your quilting looks ace :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments