Sunday, May 20, 2018

Where has the time gone?

I really can't believe how fast the days are flying by! The month of May is just about over, the school year is almost finished and summer quickly approaching! Life is so busy! 
Besides Mother's Day and graduations, we also celebrated the long life of a friend's mother, had out of town friends stay with us, and tried to get some of the gardens ready (although the weather has not been very cooperative with rain and cool temperatures.)
For Mother's Day, my daughter took me to a Sip and Paint Party. Although I think I should stick to quilting, it was a fun day!
My very first T-shirt quilt is finished but no reveal yet as it won't be received until later in June at her graduation party (graduation is today!) I can give a little sneak peek though.
I decided to name it Remember When...
fitting for all the years of memories included.
My May blocks for the Rainbow Scrap challenge are also done. Pink is the color for May.
Flying Geese block

Plus block
I will link up to So Scrappy Saturday.
I also worked on my Temperature quilt. 
Another row added.
It is getting warmer but we are still below our normal temperatures for this time of year...and the rain...Oh! the rain!

I made time to sandwich my Grandma's Kitchen quilt so it is ready to go when I find a block of time. In the meanwhile, I started piecing another quilt using one of the very first fabric lines I purchased many years ago. More to come soon!


6 comments:

  1. You have been busy this week, and still managed to get some sewing done! Well done! I love your flying geese block, what a fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty PINK blocks, quilt back, and even the peek of the T-quilt!! I went to one of those paint parties recently. Fun to do something out of our comfort zone, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Flying Geese block. And very interesting the temperature quilt you are making. I saw some with a rosette (EPP) - for each week.And yes the year is almost in the middle... oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sip and Paint sounds like fun. Your painting turned out really cute too. I like your RSC block. Are all blocks the same?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun stuff happening with you. I would have to do a whole bunch of sipping before trying to paint! Both paintings look great. Pink blocks look good too. And I love watching your temperature quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you get your flying geese to be set this way. I love how the geese have more "sky" room.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments