Thursday, June 14, 2018

Another finish!

I have been steadily working on getting my UFO's finished while still moving forward with new projects and ideas! 
I'm happy to tell that I have another quilt finished!
Do you remember the red letter quilt that I started in the spring? 
It came up as my next quilt to sandwich and quilt. 
(I try to do them in order of being finished but sometimes I have a few waiting.)
Last week I was able to take time to sandwich it and then start on the quilting.
I quilted around each letter in the ditch and did some FMQ in the negative space between the rows of the lowercase letters. I also did some straight line quilting in the borders. 
All the letters are made from different red fabrics from my stash 
(mostly from my scrap bin.) 
The backing is a red apple print from my stash. I still need to label it.
This quilt finishes at 32.5" x 47.5"
So what is next you ask? 
I have 2 more quilts waiting their turn. The left overs from the Regatta quilt
and this one.
I finally cut into one of the first fabric lines that I bought after starting to quilt (so many years ago!) This line is called Blush by Basic Grey. The backing is pieced with most of the remaining pieces from my collection with a few coordinating pieces from my stash. 
You will just have to wait and see which one speaks to me next. 
I also have a few more piecing projects in the works. I'm thankful to have the summer days to spend working on the many ideas in my head. 
I'm linking to Let's be Social @ /Sew Fresh Quilts
and Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

10 comments:

  1. The letter quilt is absolutely fantastic! Really beautiful pattern!
    **Visiting from Zafira @Zarkadia, Denim quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilts. So many done: amazing. I have yet to get my regatta together. I started it, but got stuck with my background color. Anyway, I get the when the spirit moves. Sometimes despite the lists I make, I get sidetracked, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I loved making the Regatta quilt. It was like getting 2 quilts in one as there are many cut offs...just about enough to make a baby quilt. I understand getting sidetracked as there is so much inspiration available everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn! Great finish for today! I love the ABC quilt and especially your quilting in the sashing between the rows. Aww, the Regatta leftover pieces look great too. Happy quilting.
    Happy Friday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne! Looks like you have a baby quilt finish too! We somehow seem to be one a similar path. 😉

      Delete
  5. I love all that red and white! Your alpha quilt turned out wonderful. Beautiful quilting. The other quilts waiting for you are beauties too! Looking forward to those finishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! If I just keep plugging away at my UFOs hopefully I'll get catch up....although there will always be more!

      Delete
  6. I love that Red Letter Day quilt! Is it available as a pattern or will it be? It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There is no pattern for it as I just started making letters using red scraps. First I made the uppercase letters, then decided to add the lowercase letters. Some letters are pieced and others paper pieced. I had a hard time with the layout until I figure that putting 6 letters across the top and bottom and 7 on each side (12 + 14 = 26) worked.

      Delete

Sweet sentiments