Monday, June 25, 2018

D for Done!

As promised, I am back to show you my first T-shirt quilt now that it has been received by this sweet young lady graduate! 
This special lady has graduated from HS and will be off to Hope College in the fall. She is a very close family friend that I have know all her life. 
She has already accomplish quite a bit in her young life! 
Besides academic and leadership accomplishments, she is an accomplished dancer, specializing in tap. I am so proud of her!
I used the puzzle technique to put together the quilt 
(pieces vary in sizes to fit together like a puzzle) 
You can read more about how I put it together here
 I used a white flannel for the batting and a pink and gray plaid flannel for the backing. 
I bound the quilt with a gray and white stripe print. It finished at 54" x 65"
I named this quilt Remember When... because there are so many memories packed into this quilt. 
I also found some time (not sure how I managed to squeeze it in) 
to quilt and bind this quilt!
This is Sea Gems and is a result of the cut offs created by my Regatta quilt. 
I love the colors!
For the quilting, I randomly picked a point (offset from the center) to start straight lined quilting along the diagonal. This basically cut the quilt into quarters for easy quilting. (It is hard to see but you can see it best from the back in the solid colors.) 
For the backing, I pieced more left overs from the Regatta quilt! 
The middle print is what was left of the backing on the Regatta and the solids are cuts of the Kona solids used. No new fabrics purchased for this quilt! 
It is like getting 2 for 1!
This quilt finishes at 35" x 47"
I'm linking to Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts

5 comments:

  1. Both of these quilts are awesome. I love the way the T shirt quilt came together and the backing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your memory quilt is stunning, it's a brilliant idea and I love the Sea Gems quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your kind words are appreciated! The quilt was well received and I'm sure it will get lots of use and love!

      Delete
  3. I am notnormally a tshirt quilt fan, but yours is amazing!! I may have to change my mind on how I feel about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am not a fan of the traditional layout of t-shirt quilts either but when I saw the puzzle technique, I knew that was what I would do. It is a bit more work but I love the results!

      Delete

Sweet sentiments