Thursday, September 5, 2019

September Already?

We are already a week into September!  Can you believe it? Where did the summer go?
A new month and a new color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge...and the color is Purple!
I was able to get one of my 2 blocks finished so far...Waterfront Starburst.
I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday over at So Scrappy!
I also finished another of the blocks for the Quiet Play Pattern Club! This one a picture block!
I'm still behind on these blocks but I keep plugging away at them. 
And finally...a finish!
I did get the binding sewn down on my Christmas Trees quilt! This quilt is made using Those Trees pattern by Zen Chic. Most of the fabric is fabric I inherited from a friend of a friend. The gold for the stars is fabric from my stash. This quilt will travel to Austin with me for my DD2 and family.
Christmas Trees is machine pieced and appliquéd. 
The quilting is machine stitched in vertical straight-lines and diagonally following the angle of the trees boughs. 
The binding is made with the fabric of the trees. 
The backing has scattered pine boughs. This quilt finishes at 43"x 55".
YAY!
Linking up to Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday over at Alycia Quilts.

3 comments:

  1. Love your pretty purple starburst block and the rainbow and star block. Very cool are the color rays of the rainbow! Your Christmas Tree quilt is WONDERFUL! It’s also inspiring...giving me an idea of a tree quilt I’d like to do. I’m sure I’ll completely forget about it by the time I might ever make one. There is such a LONG list! You know how it is. I’ll bet your daughter can hardly wait for the quilt to get there. Yeah, Mom, you go with it...just don’t forget the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, indeed! Congrats on such a sweet finish! I love any kind of tree on a quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purple block is really unique! And the rainbow one - wow! Such detail!! Love your trees quilt!!! its perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments