Friday, November 1, 2019

A finish and more!

I am still behind on my monthly blocks but I am determined to plug away and slowly get there! Someone said "Slow and steady wins the race!" Not that quilting is a race unless there are deadlines! 
The quilt I just finished, which I'm calling Simply Perfect, has a deadline which is tomorrow! It is a wedding gift and the wedding is tomorrow! I finished it with a photo shoot yesterday! 
Who would have thought that an October photo shoot would be in the snow?
The main fabric line is Nostalgia for Moda. I bought this fabric in a honey bun roll (I don't think they even make honey buns anymore?) a long time ago. I paired it with Kona Khaki and drew up a pattern for 1 1/2" wide cuts. 
(There are very few patterns out in cyberland for honey buns.)
The border and binding fabric I found at Joann's. They coordinated well with the colors in the line. 
The backing (colors are not accurate in this picture) is from my stash. 
This picture shows the front and back (correct coloring) together.
I quilted in straight lines about 1/2" apart and then FMQ a braided rope in the border. 
All labeled and ready for the couple to enjoy!
This is the best I could manage for an October photo shoot in the snow!
This quilt is 43" x 57"
I'm linking to Can I get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts - Quiltygirl.

In other news, I managed to finish one of my October Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks! October is the last month that a color is released as November and December are used to assemble and finish the quilts. October colors were brown and/or black. I decided to do both and to even out to 12 finished blocks I added a hot pink. So I actually made 3 blocks this month!
brown waterfront starburst
 black waterfront starburst
 hot  pink waterfront starburst
All 12 waterfront starburst blocks! Now to figure out how to set them!
Linking to So Scrappy

I'll leave you with a few Halloween photos. 
The first 2 are from the Halloween pumpkin decorating contest at school to resemble character(s) from a book.

And of coarse, my favorite little piƱata!







5 comments:

  1. Very clever use of your honey buns! I have two to use. Great pattern for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift!! Nice work on your RSC blocks, too. You're not behind... just make it a multi-year project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your honey bun quilt looks terrific! It looks SO cozy and the colors are pretty. I love them. Pretty fabric design on the border. Your label also is wonderful. Yay, you made all the starburst blocks and will have a quilt pretty soon! Great Halloween contest and your little PiƱata is just TOO ADORABLE! Just look at that sweet happy face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a soft, pretty quilt! I'm sure the happy new couple will love it. Congrats on a super finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Perfect is just that!! So pretty - and those rainbow star burst blocks are really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments