Monday, April 13, 2020

April's Rainbow Scrap challenge block

For April's Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Angela chose light blue! I finally got around to completing my block using scraps from my overflowing blue scrap bin! It is always so hard to take a picture of just one months column block. Each column is only 4 1/2" wide unfinished. 
Here are 4 months together!

I'm linking up to Scrap Happy Saturday over at So Scrappy. 
I have seen quite a few house blocks going together during this Shelter At Home order. I have also been thinking about doing an I Spy quilt now that I have a grandson. With the suggestion from Allison at Cluck, Cluck Sew, I decided to make an I Spy quilt with houses. I didn't use her free house pattern because I wanted to use smaller squares of novelty fabrics. I drew up a pattern for a house and started cutting 4 1/2" squares from my scraps and stash. I have well over 100 squares cut but I'm not sure how many will be used. 
Here is a sneak peek!
I also joined the Elvira Quarantine Quilt Along that was hosted by Gundrun Erla of GE Quilt Designs
Here is what is on my design wall currently. 
I have quite a few projects going (which I usually don't do) but I am finding that I have run out of certain basics and I'm waiting for 1) my online order to deliver 2) local quilt shop and fabric stores to reopen. 
I have exhausted my limited supply of elastic making masks, my supply of fusible interfacing making a t-shirt quilt (which I can't find anywhere!), Kona cotton fabric in white and spa blue. 
I love using my stash but some basics are always in need! 

3 comments:

  1. I Spy houses, what a great idea! Yours are looking so cute so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Light BLUE column for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is SEW pretty!! I like all the interesting fabrics you are using in your House quilt, too. Be well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is your I Spy quilt! Your RSC strip makes me wonder how it will end up. I'm liking it and can't wait to see this one to the finish. All the Elvira quilts I've seen are so pretty. So sad I missed that one! Boo!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments