Friday, June 25, 2021

Finally, I have something to show!

 I finally have a new finish! 

I found some time to quilt my Stacks (of Love) quilt! I finished the top at the end of December 2020 and managed to sandwich it a while ago but never got around to quilting it. I had other projects that I was working on including some secret sewing 😉 but now I needed to quilt this one before I could move to the next step on my secret quilt. 

The fabric is left over from my quilt Strawberry Kisses quilt using the fabric line Strawberry Fizz. My inspiration for this quilt came from this quilt.  I used most of what I had left over and added the black and white strips from my stash. I changed the size to accommodate the amount of fabric I had. 

The backing is a piece of Mary Engelbreit fabric I had in my stash which was donated to me years ago. c.2006
I think it works really well with the front since it has a Mary Engelbreit 
feel to the quilt. What do you think? Great message too!
I quilted in straight lines approximately 1" apart from the top to the bottom.
The binding is a black and white stripe which goes along with the partial strips of narrow black and white columns in the design. See picture above with back and front showing. 
The quilt finished size is 59" x 64.5"
I'm linking to Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop @Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Linky Party @Patchwork and Quilts, Finished or Not Friday @Alycia Quilts, Friday Foto Fun @Poweredbyquilting

I also wanted to recognize the awesome gift sent by Sarah @Confessions of a Fabric Addict for participating in the Hands2Help Challenge. Wow! What an awesome gift! It is nice to be recognized! Thank You!

Well, I hopefully will be able to show off what I have been secretly sewing in not too long! I was able to sandwich the quilt today! Now to do the quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Aww, this Stacks of Love quilt is so much fun. Of course the black and white stripe binding finishes it off perfectly. I do agree that it has a Mary Engelbreit feel to it. So her cute teapots fabric is a great backing. Congrats on another finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty quilt, and I love the backing too! I'm in love with your striped binding ;)
    Thank youfor linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Stacks of Love finish is fabulous! The black and white stripe is just the right "zing" to set off those pretty bright prints. Congrats on wrapping up this ancient UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using leftovers to make another piece! The black and white strips are a wonderful addition to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a perfect finish!! I like to pops of Black and white amidst all that cool color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn! Great finish! Isn't it almost like a free quilt, in my mind. And it is fun to think about the other quilt the fabrics are leftover from. Sarah is so nice to send everyone a thank you - she does such a great job on H2H. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your quilt! i made a shoo-fly quilt with my bundle. love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out great, Dawn! Congratulations on finishing it up.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments