Saturday, August 21, 2021

A Much Needed Update!

 It has been almost a month since I have posted. I have been doing a bunch of sewing but since my sewing room has been under construction, it has been difficult. 

August's color for the RSC is aqua blues. Here are my blocks!

Wonky Shoo Fly

Joy Luck
I also cut pieces for my EPP tumblers but haven't stitched them yet.
I'll link up to Scrap Happy Saturday @ So Scrappy.

Here is my July calendar journal. Only 1 week before August is over and I'm just getting this posted. That's how it goes sometimes!

I joined the #30daysofimprovqal on IG in the beginning of August. This QAL is hosted by @ShannonFraiserdesigns and Amanda @Broadclothstudio. Each week is dedicated to a theme and each day is a prompt. We are already finished with 3 of the 4 weeks. 
The 1st week was all about squares. Here are my blocks.

Week 2 was about stripes.


Week 3 was about triangles.

Only 1 week left!
Linking to Finished or Not Friday @Ayycia Quilts.

School has started and I am back to work. I'm still babysitting by grandson 2 days each week. My sewing room isn't quite finished but it is close. Here are a few pictures.
My sewing table, cutting station and ironing board are still not in. 
The top to my new cutting station isn't on yet.

I'll leave you with some cute pictures of my grandson!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! Oh, what a cute umbrella . . . but not as cute as your grandson!!! What a sweetheart. Your sewing room has a nice flow to it - and school has started already! Back to the routine, which is kind of nice, right?! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet AQUA blocks for the RSC, Dawn! Thanks for sharing the weekly prompts for the Improv QAL, as I had seen blocks, but no one had specified the methods each week called for. Congrats on the progress in your sewing room! I'm getting a new cutting table, too. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome Improv Blocks!!! Glad you are getting back to all the cool stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments