Saturday, February 12, 2022

More RSC and SAHRR

 I was able to finish my 3 RSC block for February! For this block, I'm using scraps of gray for my background.

I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday @So Scrappy.

I also worked on my SAHRR block. Round 4 was hosted by Wendy @piecefulwendy and she chose a signature block. Because I am running low on my fabric, I chose to make 3" cut squares for the main piece and 1 1/2" squares for the corners. This makes a 2 1/2" round. 

I made 6 blocks for each side. As you can see, I did not attach them yet as I'm waiting for the next round to see if I can combine them with the corners. I'm trying to be conservative with the fabric I have. 
The center block I'm using is an orphaned block from years ago that I found. I honestly don't even remember making it. I'm happy that I found some of the fabrics still in my scraps and a few coordinating colors and fabrics in my stash. So let's see how this all turns out. Stay tuned! I'm linking to the linky party for Round 4. 

I'm also participating in #monkiemotivation over on IG. This is the 2nd year for this campaign. There are prompts several times a week that give you motivation to be creative, mindful, and uplifted. Who doesn't need that in February?
Last week's prompt was Play: Create a Sewing Room Mandala. Here is mine! 
This took only about 10-15 minutes to create but it was a 
fun exercise for the mind! I have also taken several classes 
through @craftymonkies that were very satisfying! I will take 
more when I have more time in my schedule. 
In the meantime, I have 2 quilt projects near the finishing stage 
and one waiting to be started. 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your AQUA/TEAL scrappy block, Dawn! Nice progress on your SAHRR, too. That mandala exercise? Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your signature blocks look great! I think you'll be able to work with this coming week's round, so I'll be watching to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your SAHRR is coming along beautifully. Nice to give that orphan block a place to rest. Love that teal & gray block. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments