Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Slow Stitching, SAHRR and Macaron Mystery

             Slowly I've been making progress on some of my projects.                       But first I want to share these Valentine's Day cards that I stitched up. 

The cards are free from Christina Cameli @Afewscraps on IG. I have been a fan of Christina's for some time. At Christmas, she offered some cards to stitch. I was very tempted but we have been doing photo cards over the past few years so I didn't get them. When I saw her post about her Valentine's Day cards I immediately downloaded them and started stitching. I made 2 sets of them (slightly different). It was so satisfying to slow down and stitch these beautiful cards (even if I knew that                           some wouldn't get to their destinations in time). Better late than never!                           Thank you Christina for these lovely cards!

I worked on Round 5 for the SAHRR project. This round was hosted by Quilting Gail. She gave a choice of applique and/or fence rail. I choose to add some fence rails to the corners of Round 4. Although I'm not in love with it, it will have to do. I'm running short on fabrics that go with this orphaned block. Note:after I had this round together, I found more of my main black fabric but no more of any coordinating fabric. We will see what the next and final round brings! 

Linking to Linky Party for Round 5.
I also finally put together the flimsy for the Macaron Mystery from Meadow Mist Designs. I still need to trim it up and add some borders on the top and bottom to make this quilt a bit of a rectangle. It is a bright one!
I'm very pleased with this pattern from Cheryl. It is my 3rd mystery 
by her and I love all of them! Thanks Cheryl!

5 comments:

  1. Your SAHRR looks great - those corner blocks worked really well. The Macaron Mystery is lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project, it's progressing very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your SAHRR is looking great! The colors are pretty together, and those stars in the corners are a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn! I love how your SAHRR is turning out. Especially those corners with the three stars! So darn cute. Macaron turned out nicely, too. You've been busy. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you fence rail corners are perfectly fine! They add some interest to the round!
    Thanks for linking up to the linky party!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments