Saturday, February 5, 2022

A new month, new color and a new round

 February brought a new color for the RSC...aqua/teals! I was able to get 2 of my 3 blocks finished this week. These 2 blocks are made together.  The bonus corner HSTs from Hang Ten are used to make both of the squiggle blocks. 

I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday at So Scrappy.

For the SAHRR, Rosanne and Sue from Home Sewn By Us was the host this week. They chose stars! I decided to paper piece stars because I wanted to keep my round at 2 1/2" wide. That is a pretty small star so I felt paper piecing would be the way to go. I decided to add 3 stars at each corner. 12 little stars to make!
I'm linking to Linky Party for Round 3.

February brought the end of January and another completed calendar journal! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn!! Oh, those stars. I love the little clusters of them. I think I can truly see them sparkling. The teal blocks look great as does your January calendar journal. I am looking forward to the next round and seeing where your piece goes. {{{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those AQUA/TEAL blocks, Dawn! SEW many cute fabrics in your scrap stash. Awesome interpretation of the star round of the SAHRR22!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your aqua/teal blocks are so pretty. I love the SAHRR stars! Your quilt is really looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments