Monday, March 21, 2022

SAHRR Parade and other things

 Today is the start of the Parade for the Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR) challenge for 2022 hosted by Quilting Gail. Here is my finished quilt, Change the Ending! It debuted on IG for #igquiltfestday14. 

This year I started with an orphaned quilt block I found in my sewing room. Each week a new round was added. This year there were curves, diamonds, stars, signature, fence rail, and shoo fly. 

For the quilting, I thought it would be appropriate to use the quote by C.S. Lewis about changing the ending. I FMQ the quote into the center since my orphaned quilt block was transformed into this quilt!

(my attempts at showing the quote)
"You can't go back and change the beginning but you can start
 where you are and change the ending."    C.S. Lewis
My quilt finishes at 36" square.
I'm linking to the linky party @QuiltingGail.

I really needed to catch up on labels so I spent a few hours doing this. 

I have a few more to go.
Finally, here is my February calendar!

6 comments:

  1. I like seeing your SHARR quilt again. It turned out great looking. I’m always happy to see that you are still doing the calendar journals. I love your happy looking February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, your SAHRR looks fantastic!!! I love the quote you used and how you stitched it into your quilt! Awesome job!
    As well, your February calendar shows how buys you've been - WOW! Thanks for joining the SAHRR 2022 and linking up! Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE that you quilted words into your quilt, Dawn!! What a fabulous transformation for your humble Orphan Block. I think it's happy about what it grew up to be!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your SAHRR quilt! I like the way you added each element, and wow on the FMQ quilting! I'm so impressed. I clicked on the image and looked closely, and that quote is so awesome. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your SAHRR finished up so lovely! The colors are so soft and calming. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DAWN!!! What a fabulous quote to include in your quilt. Gosh - that just warms my heart. Do you have a plan for this piece? I'd love to know what the recipient feels when they see that quote. It is perfect!! Thanks so much for participating in the SAHRR this year. {{Hugs}} a bunch for you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments