Saturday, March 12, 2022

The March color for RSC is yellow/gold

                  Angela announced the color for March. It is yellow/golds!                    Bright colors to help get through the month of March!

I have been busy finishing a wedding gift quilt and my SAHRR quilt. I'll save those for another post (the wedding is April 2nd and the SAHRR parade is March 21st.) After those were finished, I got started with my monthly challenges. First up is Hang Ten in yellow and the 1st three together.

Next up, is Squiggle in yellow and the 1st three.

and finally my scrappy gray blocks!

I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday @SoScrappy, Finished or Not @Alycia Quilts,
and Linky Party @Patchwork and Quilts

I also managed to piece 2 more of the blocks for The Stash Buster Challenge on Facebook. 

This year I'm participating on the #igquiltfest hosted by @amyscreativeside.
Everyday during March there is a prompt on Instagram related to quilting. One of the prompts was Upcycle. I wanted to show you the jean jacket I embellished. I had been thinking of making a quilted coat (it's all the rage 😜!) and even took a class with Victoria Findley Wolfe but just haven't had the time. So the next best thing was to        find a jean jacket at Goodwill and add an orphaned quilt block to the back.              I hand quilted the block after machine stitching it down. 
I love how it turned out!


That's what I've been up to! How about you? Hope you are finding time to create!

8 comments:

  1. Love all your yellow
    And your upcycled coat - great idea!! it looks really stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, love the squiggle blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all your block choices! And the jacket is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are beautiful, all of them! Great choice for the RSC. Love your jacket too! Fabulous idea to sew the block on the back!
    Thank you for sharing such inspiration, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Jacket ♥.
    All your blocks for RSC are beautiful.
    Squiggle blocks are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That a nice selection tion of blocks you are making, some of them new to me designs. I love your grey blocks with the colour of the month, they look very elegant. And clever you with your upcycled jacket, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE those block collections, Dawn, and your upcycled jacket, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn! Quilted jackets are all the rage again? When we first started quilting in the late 80s, Eleanor Burns had us hooked on making quilted sweatshirts and I started on a jacket. That jacket still isn't finished but has been turned into a donation quilt instead. Maybe this time I can actually follow the craze and get one done. Nice job on your jacket!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments