Wednesday, March 30, 2022

A New Finish!

I have a new finish!

I finally finished my Macaron Mystery quilt designed by Cheryl @MeadowMist Designs. This is the 3rd mystery by Cheryl that I have followed. I really love her designs. The QAL started back in July 2021 and the parade ends April 7th. 

I am so pleased with how this quilt turned out. At first I wasn't fond of the half blocks on either end but with adding a border of the same background, it works just fine. It also extends the length. 
I pieced the backing with the leftover fabric pieces from the front and then framed it with Kona Turquoise. The binding is in Kona Oasis.
I straight line quilted around the montifs and gentle arches in the larger turquoise blocks. I FMQ feathers in the white borders. My quilt finishes at 61.5" x 71.5". I'm linking to the Macaron Mystery linky party.
Go check it out and see the many variations!

1 comment:

  1. A great finish, Dawn! The colors are so pretty. The quilting is beautiful. I love both those blocks. They only way I can sew the same block over and over it has to be in different colors and fabric prints or I get bored after the first one. Ha! So I am always amazed to see quilts like this one. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments