Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Wedding Quilt finished and Received!

 I made this quilt for a very close family friend's youngest daughter's wedding.         This past weekend we celebrated with them! We had so much fun and the bride              and groom were stunning! I am finally able to share with you the quilt,            'When the Stars Align'.

My youngest daughter grew up with the bride and she chose neutral grays and white for the colors, and liked the pattern I chose. The pattern is Christmas Star by Zen Chic. Instead of placing the blocks on-point I rearranged them and I also resized the pattern to fit the size wanted. 
I machine pieced and machine quilted the quilt including a 'ghost star' in the negative space. The fabric for the back is a white and gray marble extra wide piece with a strip of the lightest gray from the front. 
Its finished size is about 63" x 75"
Here is the happy couple opening the gift! I love that I got to see their reaction!



Congratulations Kim and Matt!

5 comments:

  1. This wedding quilt is so gorgeous, Dawn! I love the neutral colors and they’ll go with any decor and any decor change made in years to come. The name of the quilt is perfect for a wedding quilt. You can tell that even the new hubby likes and appreciates it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so gorgeous!!!What fun to see them open it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! Oh, what a beautiful quilt. Those colors and fabrics you chose are just perfect. It's so nice to think of Kim and Matt being covered in your love. I know you have sewn oodles of it in each and every stitch. {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments