Saturday, April 30, 2022

A finish I can finally share!

 I'm excited to share my recent finish finish for my new granddaughter (due to arrive May 17th)! We had a 'Sprinkle' for my daughter today where I presented the quilt to her. She was thrilled with how it turned out. 

My daughter picked the pattern (Fresh as a Daisy by Linsey @PenandPaperPatterns) which I already owned (and previously made) as well as the color scheme. I did not show her my progress while I sewed to keep a bit of surprise for her. 
I named this quilt Simple and Sweet. The pattern is very enjoyable to stitch and the daisies are just so cheerful! They can't help but bring a smile to your face!
I changed the layout slightly from Lindsey's baby layout by shifting the columns up or down to get a finished quilt 43.5" x 52.5".
The background color is Kona Seafoam, the daisies and binding is Kona Snow, and the flower centers are Kona Yarrow, Kona Daffodil and Kona Mustard.  
I pieced the backing with large strips of the 3 Kona yellows 
and the Kona Seafoam. I also pieced an additional daisy into the back. 
The quilting is stitched in the ditch in white thread around the daisies, FMQ a swirl in the centers with matching yellow thread and the background is FMQ in a
 meander with matching green thread. 


Although I couldn't find daisies,  this photo makes me happy!
Linking to Finished or Not Friday @AlyciaQuilts, Linky Party @ Patchwork and Quilts, and Foto Fun Friday @Powered by Quilting

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt for your granddaughter!!! So nice your daughter picked out the pattern and colors that she likes. Very pretty photos, too. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! Love, love, LOVE everything about Simple and Sweet. I remember your last version, and this one is just perfect. Daisies are happy-looking and it does make me smile. And, it makes me want to make a version of this myself. Good luck to your daughter and Freya Ruth. She will be covered and surrounded by your love! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn!...this daisy baby quilt is so darling! The colors are soft and soothing as a lovely garden of daisies. I just loved seeing that single daisy on the back. Your daughter looks so happy. This will by lucky, happy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is very sweet!!!! You new one will LOVE it!! and congrats on a new baby... i am so excited for yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet quilt for baby! Lovely colors, and the daisies are cute. Hourray for the new granddaughter ;))
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments