Saturday, May 28, 2022

A very busy but very good time!

 It seems that things happen at the same time! We have been extremely busy in our personal lives and those of our kids. When my daughter announced that she would be having our 2nd grandchild in May, we knew it would be close to when our youngest daughter would graduate from pharmacy school. We just didn't know how close! It just happened that my daughter's scheduled C-Section was scheduled for May 17th and my other daughter's graduation was on May 20th (in Austin, TX.) Arrangements were made for watching Magnus (the big brother) after we needed to leave for Austin early Thursday morning. But before we left, we were able to visit our new granddaughter in the hospital!

Happy Mormor
Happy family
Magnus holding his baby sister
Sweet Freya Ruth

We were headed to Austin early Thursday morning and met up with my daughter and her fiance, Brendan. We met Brendan's parents for the first time and had a wonderful time getting to know them. We celebrated Brendan and Kari's engagement! However, the main event of the weekend was Kari's graduation from pharmacy school. We now have a Dr. of Pharmacy in our family! 


Congratulations Kari! We are so proud of you!

So in between all this excitement, I did finish 124 blocks for Clue 2 of the O Say Can You Sew! QAL. It took me nearly the entire month to finish and trim each block!
I also finished the stitching on my hoop embroidery project. I'm please with how it turned out. I still need to trim and secure it in the hoop!

I'll be linking to Finished or Not Friday @Alycia Quilts, Friday Fun Foto @Powered by Quilting, TGIFF @Sarah Goer Quilts, and Linky Party @Patchwork and Quilting

I'll be back tomorrow for the final parade of quilts for the 
Hands2Helps2022 Challenge!

8 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful stitchery. Congratulations to you/your family on the newest addition and graduation. Exciting (and busy times) at your place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s cuttin’ it close to attend both events! Congrats to everyone! I see a lot of sweet baby girl sewing in your future posts! Whew!...124 blocks! I so love that embroidered design! Your stitching is just magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little baby, you have a beautiful family. It looks like it was a great time with everybody! Well done with the 124 blocks trimmed, and the embroidery is very pretty.
    Thank you for sharing all this hapiness, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching. Congratulations to the college graduate and the new grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely embroidery piece, and congratulations on the new granddaughter and the college grad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of happiness in your blog! Pretty embroidery, a new baby in the family, plus a graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Freya Ruth! Your embroidery project is lovely. The time snail delights me. Thank you for linking up with me for TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect timing right? I love that you were able to be with both!! what exciting times!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments