Friday, September 2, 2022

A Friday Finish!

 It is always fun to have a finish especially on Friday and when the quilt has been lingering around for some time!

I'm calling this quilt Small-Town Charm! The pattern, Mod Diamond Quilt is from Lindsey @Penandpaperpatterns. The fabric is Playground from @ArtGalleryFabrics and Kona white for the background.
I bought this pattern and fabrics quite a while back, started cutting, but it got pushed aside for various reasons. At the start of the summer, I was determined to finish this quilt. 

The backing is a upcycled sheet I had in my stash with a strip of scraps from the fabric collection. 
The construction of the quilt is made in columns, then sewn together alternating the direction of the white background triangles and the prints. It is all machine stitched. The quilt is quilted using 'stitch in the ditch' along the diagonal, horizontal, and vertical lines. 

The binding is Kona navy. 


The finished size is 63" x 70 1/2"

I am very happy with this finish! I'm linking to Finished or Not Friday @AlyciaQuilts, TGIFF @AnjaQuilts, Put Your Foot Down @TrueBlueQuilts, Off the Wall Friday @Creations, Quilts, Art...Whatever, Peacock Party @Wendy's Quilts, and Beauties Pageant @From Bolts to Beauty

On another note, here is my August calendar journal. This year is flying by!

6 comments:

  1. Dawn, I love your pretty quilt with such an array of pleasing colors. I like the movement the design makes. The Kona Navy frames it well. I love it hanging in the tree. Your August calendar looks full and fun! I can’t believe we already have to begin letting go of summer. It’s just flown by much too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! What method did you use to make half-rectangle triangles? All my HRTs are done with AnglePlay templates, but I know there are several ways to achieve lovely results. Thanks for joining the Put Your Foot Down linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute quilt finish! It doesn't look like it's been hanging around at all--looks fresh and new as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous quilt!! I love the backing - it fits it perfectly!!
    and heck fire you had a busy month!!! Hope you enjoyed CO!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and lovely quilt! Congratulations on the finish, the binding and backing are perfect.
    This was a very busy calendar indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn! What a cute quilt!! Are those HRTs? I love the layout although I always have issues sewing blocks in columns. I don't know why - I guess I'm column challenged. HAHA! What a great finish. Enjoy the weekend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments