Saturday, April 15, 2023

A finish and RSC and Sparrows QAL

 This week I finished the quilting and binding on the second quilt from last year's Stash Buster Challenge. The original quilt was so big that I wasn't comfortable quilting it. I intended to send it out to charity as a flimsy but the postage was so much. I ended up taking it apart and making 2 quilts instead. The first (larger) quilt was gifted to friends. This quilt will be sent to charity as part of the Hands2Help 2023 campaign hosted by Sarah @Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  

I changed the layout to a 4 x 5 grid and quilted vertically in straight lines about 1" apart.
I used a piece from my stash for the backing and a coordinating piece for the binding. 
I'm calling this quilt Play Nice!
Linking to Finished or Not Friday @Alycia Quilts, Can I Get A Whoop Whoop @Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Linky Party @Patchwork & Quilts, and Wednesday Wait Loss @The Inquiring Quilter
I also finished 2 of the purple button blocks for this months RSC.

2 more purple buttons to stitch! Linking to ScrapHappy Saturday @SoScrappy.

My Sparrows top is all put together! I'm loving it. More to come soon!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on a lovely quilt finish and some PURPLE scrap sewing, too, Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play nice looks beautiful, and I love the scenery too :) Cute buttons, it's a great pattern for a RSC quilt. I loooove Sparrows!
    Thank you for sharing these pretty quilts and blocks, and linking up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Play Nice is a lovely colourful donation quilt, sure to find a happy new owner. And those cheeky sparrows! So cute, is this one for you? I wouldnt be able to give those birdies away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first quilt!! Is there a pattern that I can request? The birdies are wonderful too! New email address: judyquiltstwo@gmail.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to make 1 into 2!!! and it is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea to split that big top into two so you could quilt it! I'm for anything that helps us check that Done! box. Your button blocks are adorable! And that Sparrow quilt! I'm over the moon. It's so cute! Thanks for sharing your projects on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments