Monday, February 21, 2011

Revisited

You may recall that last summer I finished a quilt called Happy Camper for a very special friend of ours.  
I was planning to make 2 quilts...one for Ken and one for us 
[our families love to camp together.]  
After starting both quilts and almost finishing both flimsies, I didn't like them so out came the seam ripper and I took them all apart.  I recut, added color, and changed the design and finished the one for Ken.  
You can see it here.  
The Happy Camper quilt for us never got redone.  
A UFO MFU [Masterpiece Under Fermentation] it became.  
I recently had the notion to get it out and start sewing.  Yep! it fermented just enough. 
I now have a finished flimsy.  
Don't have plans for the backing quite yet but it feel good to have it this far!


Yesterday, I got a little present from a friend of mine.  She isn't a quilter but she knows I am!  I like it :D


Each page of the year has another quilt block and directions on how to make it.  FUN!

This morning block 9 for Block-A-Palooza went live.  Here is my finished block called Lemonade Stand. You can check out other blocks on the flickr page.


Last Wednesday night, I went to my LQS for a demo [more about that another day] and I learned about this notion.  Yay! It protects your iron from sticky residue when ironing adhesives. Beats cleaning sticky stuff from your iron! I used it for a small applique project and it worked great.  It is made from a 
no-melt plastic.  Have you ever used this?


Tonight is knitting club.  Taking a special friend...I'll tell you about her another time!

3 comments:

  1. Your top came out wonerfully....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both tops! I would also like a real life camper like the fabric. I came back by after you said something about being a fellow Midwesterner. I grew up in Indiana so I thought I wanted to see which state you are in. Did you get any of the snow last night? I had a snow day could not get out of my drive early this morning. 10 inchs. So ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw - I love the quilt! Can we have close ups of the blocks so I can see the fabric? Love the setting you did with it! Congrats on the sweet gift - and love your block!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments