Saturday, July 13, 2019

A Long Absence

With all the best intentions, I did not expect to be gone from blogging for so long. After school was out, I was excited for summer and time for quilting. I did do some sewing but I also embarked on trying out some natural dyeing. Before I knew it, my hubby and I were headed to the PNW for 10 days. We had a wonderful time hiking in the wilderness of the North Cascade Mountains. 


It is beautiful in the mountains with lush greens and many wild flowers.
After we got home, we had 3 days to get ready for our grandson and his parents to come for a week. We were very excited as we had not seen him in person (Face Time is wonderful!) for a while. 
What an incredible visit we had over the week of July 4th! Our grandson is growing so fast! He is in the stage where new discoveries are happening daily. He is a very curious baby boy!
He loves the water and already takes swimming lessons. 
(with his Morfar and daddy)
We took a trip to the zoo! 
(with his mommy and daddy)
(with his mama!)
Happy boy!
(with me ~ Mormor)
Now I have a few days before our youngest daughter comes home for 5 days. I really needed to get some of the monthly blocks challenge blocks done before I fell too far behind. 
For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, July's color is pink. Here are my blocks.
Waterfront Starburst
Reverse Star Block 
I'm linking up to Scrap Happy Saturday over at So Scrappy.
I also was able to complete 2 blocks for the Covered in Love Charity. Kat of Kat and Cat Quilts took off May & June to catch up, but the July/August blocks are Red, White and Blue stars. 

These blocks are 12" finished. 
Here are some pictures of the quilt I gifted to this newly married couple on their wedding day. 
Purple Passion

And here is the graduate with her T-Shirt quilt! All smiles!

One last picture because I can't help myself. I just love this little smiley face!
Hope you're enjoying your summer!


5 comments:

  1. Pretty pink blocks. Looks like you have been enjoying that new little man in your life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! Your grandson is adorable! Be careful, they have a way of growing up while you aren’t looking! Your hiking trip looks beautiful. Nature is amazing. Your new quilt blocks look great. I love the wedding quilt. And the T-shirt quilt looks fabulous! I can see how happy she is with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing views, adorable baby, and AWESOME quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandkids are the best! Just FYI, so are great grand babies! Loving your star blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn! I thought I had just missed your posts because I missed them, not because there weren't any. HAHA! OMG - that baby boy. Don't you just want to spend every single second with him?!! It's so amazing what they find delightful and how they discover/learn. I just adore when you are holding them and you speak, they whip around to see you behind them. How did you get back there?? Did you forget I was holding you, sweet baby?! They are just so inquisitive and it brings to our attention that we forgot or didn't notice. {{Hugs}} You just enjoy that boy all you can, and all your peeps. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments