Thursday, August 1, 2019

Another finish from my 2019 goals!

Back in January, I posted that I wanted to make the Optical Illusion BOM 
(January block) from Heleen Pinkster Quilt Design and in April I had the flimsy done. It was then that life got too busy and it was set aside in the UFO pile. 
I finally got to sandwiching and quilting it! 
I used both FMQ in the center, an all over curly cue design, 
and straight line quilting in the borders. 
All the blue fabrics came from my stash except for the Kona navy border. 
(I ran out of navy in my stash)
I also pieced the back with most of the leftover fabrics. 
This quilt finishes at 48" square. It will be gifted to a dear friend who is going through cancer treatment as a comfort quilt. 
I also finished another block for the Quiet Play Pattern Club. 
I just had to make this cute pin cushion in tomato red! 
I still used a rainbow of colors for the seam ripper. 
I also do quite a bit of charity knitting with my Knitting Club. This baby blanket was so soft and cute that I needed to share! 
I have been busy in my sewing room so I will be back with more soon!

2 comments:

  1. Your blue churn dash illusions turned out so great! I'm sure your friend will find it very soothing, like the calm blue ocean. And I love the knit blanket, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! Great job finishing that gorgeous churn dash quilt. That's got to feel good, and now you're on a roll. What a great comfort it will be to your friend, and I'm certain she will feel all the love you've stitched into it. {{Hugs}} for both of you, and I hope her treatment goes well. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments