Saturday, January 14, 2023

RSC Buttons

 I was able to make 2 more blue button blocks this week! My goal is 4 per month or 1 a week. These blocks sew together very quickly! I think it may have taken me longer to pull the fabric scraps and cut the pieces! 🤣


 I am ahead of the game because this is Week 2 for Scrap Happy Saturday! One more block to make!
I am linking to Scrap Happy Saturday @So Scrappy. 

I started a new quilt that I purchased fabric for in August on our trip to Missouri Star Co. The pattern, Harmony and Light, is from Christina Cameli @afewscraps that was free through Quilting Daily. I purchased ombre by V & Co. in a variety of colors. 

I realized I was a bit short so after searching online, I found some more (this is an older line of V & Co ombre) on Etsy and ordered it. My package was sent out and the tracking notice came that it was delivered! I was excited and as soon as I came home from work, I checked my mail! It wasn't there. What! So I contacted USPS and made a report. (this isn't the 1st time this happened). To my surprise, my local PO called the very next day and said they would keep tracking my package. My mail carrier was so very helpful and sincere. She tried over several days to retrieve the package from the house that it was delivered to (1558 instead of 1358) keeping her supervisors and me informed of her attempts. Yesterday, she finally had the package and went out of her way to hand deliver it to me! It gave me renewed hope for USPS as my 1st package was never retrieved.  

Since it is January, I thought I would show you my December calendar journal. I'm not sure if I showed every month (I'll have to go back and take a look) but I did keep up and have 2022 completed.  I will continue with the calendar journals in 2023!

For the last 2 years, I have watched my grandson, Magnus, 1 or 2 days a week to help out my daughter and son-in-law. During this time we have had many adventures together and created a undeniable bond! Here are a couple of pictures from out latest adventure to a local library.
maze board-quite the concentration!
ball machine-so much fun!
gear board-another fun activity

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to babysit our granddaughter, Freya for several hours while her mom had a photo shoot and dad had a dr. appt. Now that Freya is just about 8 months, it is so much fun to watch her discover and play! She is a sweet girl, easy to smile with her big, blue eyes. She loves to try new foods! No baby food for this girl! She wants what you have. Watch out, she may steal right from your plate! Here are a couple of pictures from our time together!
the fabric ball I made for Magnus when he was a baby, 
the booties I knitted for her.
tried to capture a selfie
loves these waffles

Looking forward to more one-on-one time with her as she gets bigger!

2 comments:

  1. Nice start to RSC 2023, Dawn! Glad you had some Grand time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous grandchildren you have! A smart little boy and a cute baby girl.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments